Friday, May 13, 2016

Good Reads and Recommends.

Week 4  GoodReads and Recommendations


I enjoyed the GoodReads sight very much.  I saw books that I have been wanting to read for awhile, discovered books that sound really interesting and loved the selections that some of my colleagues choose to read.


For my friend Kelsey, who's shelf of books to read include several about different historical times, I recommended "Unbroken"by Laura Hillenbrand.  It is based on the life of Louis Zamperini whose plane was shot down over the Pacific Ocean during WWII and survived several weeks on a rubber raft, was captured and sent to a Japanese POW camp.  An amazing and inspiring story!


For my friend Andrea, I noticed a book on her list "Guernsey Literary and Potato Pie Society" by A Barrows and thought she might like to read "The Book of Ebenzer LePage by G B Edwards.  The story also takes place on the Guernsey Islands and chronicles the life of Mr. LePage as he recalls the characters, island life and the changes that the war brought to this small island.  Wonderful and quirky story!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the recommendation Beth. It sounds like something I would enjoy and I have added this title to my "To Read" bookshelf!

    ReplyDelete